Saturday, January 15, 2011

Basic Eggless cake


I have always fancied baking cakes and I think everybody loves home made cakes.As kids I would often go to my mum's friend's house to help her do the cake decoration.So as I grew up I developed this interest in baking and slowly tried my hands on it.I joined catering college and did get even the 1st prize in cake decoration which thrilled me to bits.After I got married and had a son, I did baking from home and sold custom made cakes for birthdays for 3 years.Each cake was appreciated but slowly life's changes made me a home maker but the facination for cooking and baking always remsined.I now bake for home and each cake is different and try something new.But this is the basic recipe I have perfected in the last 3 years of eggless cake and would now share it on my blog.
Ingredients
Sift together
Flour                    2 1/2 cups
baking powder      1 tsp
baking soda          1/2 tsp
Put into a bowl
Sour curd             11/2 cups
melted butter         3/4 cup
powder sugar       1 1/4 cup
vinegar                 1 tsp

for chocolate cake, substitute half cup flour with cocoa powder.


Method
Beat all the ingredients in the bowl for about 3-4 mins.Add the dry ingredients and mix them well.Add some cold milk if the batter is too thick.Pour the batter in a buttered and floured baking tray (10"x8") and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 deg C for 5 mins and then lower the temperature to 180 deg and bake further for about 10-15 mins.Poke a needle in the centre of the cake and see if it comes out clean.Cool on a rack and use as desired.Pour this mixture into muffin moulds to get cup cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment