|Love the pores|
|Amazing taste and texture|
|Yummy with butter and wild berry preserve|
1.5 cups white flour
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
10 gms instant dry yeast
1.5 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk powder
3 tbsp oil/butter
1.5 cups of warm milk and water mixed
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add warmed mixture of milk and water. Its going to be very wet, but that is exactly how we want it.
- Do not over mix it but just such that the loose dough is made.
- Use 2 tbsp oil to get it all together.
- Clear up the sides, all this should take you just about 4 - 5 mins.
- Use another tbsp oil on the top to prevent it from drying it up.
- Keep it covered in a warm place for about 2-3 hours.
- Grease a loaf pan or line with baking paper, slightly grease it.
- Pour the batter slowly into this and use a bit of oil to smoothen it.
- Keep it covered up in a warm place for at least another 5 - 10 hours or even longer. This makes the dough develop big pockets of air which shall make it lighter and sour/ extra fermented.
- The longer this stays out, the more sour it gets. So its up to us. I left it for about 9 hours and loved the sour after taste.
- Preheat oven to 200 Deg C. Brush the top of the dough with milk, make a slit if you like.
- Put the loaf pan into the oven. And leave it to bake until its a good golden brown on top and sounds hollow when you knock on top.
- Remove and brush with butter. Cool on a rack.
- Slice and enjoy with butter, I loved it with wild berry jam and butter.