Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bell pepper chutney

I tried to make rava dosa the other day and thought need to make some nice spicy chutney.Opened my vegetable tray, found a couple of red tomatoes and a red bell pepper.My friend back home told me her aunt used to make a lovely chutney with green peppers, I thought should try this combination.The result was amazing and I had my family fighting for the last spoonful.

Ingredients
Tomatoes                  2 nos
onion                         1 no
Red bell pepper          1 no
garlic                          1/2 pod
curry leaves                 2 tbsp
tamarind                      a small piece
coriander seeds          1/2 tbsp
bengal gram                1 tbsp
methi seeds                1/2 tsp
cumin seeds                1/2 tsp
mustard seeds             1/2 tsp
hing                            1/4 tsp
red chillies                   3 nos
oil                               1 tbsp
salt to taste
Method
Chop tomatoes,onions, bell peppers and garlic.Heat oil and add hing,methi,mustard,cumin seeds,bengal gram and saute till golden.Add the rest of the ingredients and saute till water evaporates.Cool it .Now grind to a fine paste.Serve this chutney with dosas, idlis or mixed dal pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment