Sunday, July 21, 2013

Energy cake bars


My continuous efforts to make healthy food keeps me pretty busy and helps me to push my edges a bit more. My feelings when I see happy faces after my efforts make me so content with my life. People often tell me that my recipes and adventures in the kitchen are successful with no compromise on taste.. Which is all we try to achieve.So here is one such recipe for an in between snack at work for my weekend hubby with his cup if coffee. This is a bit drier and crumbly than the regular cake. Sharing the goodness.
Ingredients 
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour( next time I would do almond meal)
1/2 cup suji
1/2 cup dehydrated fruits of your choice
1/2 cup mix of raisins,chopped almonds and walnuts
1/2 cup oil
25 gms butter
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup sugar.. Add more if you like 
1/2 cup apple or orange juice.
15 gms baking powder
1 tbsp vinegar
Cinnamon or flavoring of your choice 
Milk as required. 
Method 
Mix all the ingredients well in a mixing bowl and keep for few mins.
Add more milk if required to adjust the thickness to cake batter consistency.
Pour in a greased and lined baking tray.
Give it a slight thud to remove any air bubbles.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180deg on the middle rack till done. Enjoy the goodness with no guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment