Friday, July 26, 2013

Crumble topped cake


I dislike wasting anything and I am called the " bacha- kucha queen" for what I can do with leftovers. I use all my skills to use things to make new dishes specially if there is a risk of wastage.Here I used the sides of multigrain bread which had all kinds of full corn like oats,flaxseeds,wheat etc. Here I combined two types of cakes and the result is fantastic! I was hugely complimented.
Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup milk, use more if needed
2 cups crushed multi corn bread
1/2 cup almond crushed
1/4 cup walnut crushed
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp butter
3 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vinegar
Vanilla flavoring 
Method
Mix flour , 1 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, oil, milk , juice , baking powder and vinegar. Pour in a greased tray.
Mix bread crumble with 1/4 cup sugar, almond and walnut crush , butter and raisins. Liberally put in the cake and bake at 180 deg till knife comes clean and too is golden brown. Keep for an hour before cutting. Could also add grated apple , chopped berries in the bread and baked! Enjoy the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment