Sunday, May 3, 2020

Rustic sweet potato spicy mash

 
The color of these sweet potatoes resonates the color of my heart...orange! The inside is a beautiful orange and it’s sweet when roasted or boiled. I want to explore it more as it’s very delicious. I have roasted and boiled and chilled them. Eaten that way with no additions tastes very delicious and is extremely hydrating. It’s filling too and gets rid of cravings. I tried this for my lunch today. Just mashing and adding spices and imagining the taste. End of it....it’s just mind blowing! Will relish it today chilled with mah ki dal and missi rotis. Can’t just wait. Of course I licked up all the spoons as I poured it and kept it away for lunch to chill.
INGREDIENTS
500 gms boiled or roasted
1 tbsp mustard oil(can use others too)
1 heaped tbsp masala from Indian pickles
2 tbsp chopped red onions
1/2 chopped green chilli
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt
METHOD
1. Mash the sweet potato with a fork roughly.
2. Add all the ingredients and mix well.
3. Adjust seasonings and spices to taste.
4. Serve chilled with missi rotis.

No comments:

Post a Comment