Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Apple ki muthia


My interaction with ghar ka khana .. A food group on Facebook has made me more excited about cooking. This has got me into documenting my food again. One such post on apple chutney made me think beyond my limits and excited me about using the sour apples in cooking savory food. I thought of my all time favorite muthias! And they just turned out absolutely fabulous. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients
2 grated sour apples
1 grated carrot
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grated garlic
1/2 suji
1 cup atta
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup curd
1 tbsp sugar
Juice of half a lemon
Chilli powder
Haldi
Salt
1/5 tsp hing
For tadka
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
Curry leaves 
Green chilli

Method
Except suji and atta mix all the ingredients well. Add suji and atta. Add atta according to the requirement. The dough should be soft.
Shape into rolls with help of water and steam for 15 mins.
Cool and cut into pieces.
For tadka, heat oil and add sesame and mustard. When they splutter add curry leaves and chillies slit. Sauté.
Add the muthias and cook in slow fire till they turn golden and well coated. Too with dhaniya and serve.
Just loved them... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment