Sunday, January 3, 2021

Spicy ragda chutney






    I try to never waste anything. Nature has given us so much and I respect it by using every bit that I can in my kitchen. One such venture was this lovely chutney that started with using just the stems of flavorful fresh coriander. I added this and that and soon I had an amazing chutney that has rough texture. Hence the name ragda. I needed to give it that texture that’s raw and rustic like the ones we had in our kitchen in former times. Stone ground gave it very rugged look and taste. Enjoy it with idli, dosa, missi roti, rice or paratha. Can’t wait to relish it. The strong flavors are amazing and green coriander smell stands out  

Ingredients 

1 cup stems of coriander greens 

5-8 garlic pods

4-5 green chilies 

1 tbsp chopped ginger 

1 chopped tomato 

2 tbsp peanuts 

1 heaped tbsp sesame 

1/2 tsp methi 

1/2 tsp mustard seeds 

2 tbsp coconut flakes 

1 tbsp tamarind 

2-3 tbsp oil 

Hing 

Salt 

1/2 tsp Haldi 

Method 

1. Heat oil and add mustard, methi and sesame. Sauté. 

2. Add rest of ingredients and sauté on low heat. Cook till water evaporates and vegs are soft and mushy. 

3. Cool and grind rough. 

4. Heat oil and sauté this till oil starts to deep out. 

5.  Serve with dish of your choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment