Friday, July 30, 2021

Chimichurri




 I found that curled parsley has a fresh taste and good for gut health. I was looking for recipes that uses this lovely leaf. My kids love tabbouleh, Lebanese salad which is our favorite. I wanted to do more than that. Came across this lovely Argentinian pesto/sauce. I decided to add few more ingredients to suit my taste. It is just amazing! Fresh tasting and extremely delicious. We enjoyed it on crisp toast and also on lightly flavored tofu that was sautéed in olive oil and seasoning. I plan to toss some boiled pasta too next time. Goodness and taste in one dish. 

INGREDIENTS 

1 cup chopped parsley

1 cup chopped coriander 

1/2 cup chopped spring greens 

3 cloves of garlic 

2 green chilies 

2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 tbsp lemon juice 

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tsp oregano 

Sea Salt 

Pepper 

METHOD

  1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and grind to a fine paste. 
  2. Check the consistency and salt. Refrigerate for 2 hours. 
  3. Serve on toast, grills, savory waffles or even with fritters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment