Saturday, March 28, 2020

Green Apple pickle


We have moved back to Germany and it’s hard to find raw mangoes for pickles. I also like to try locally available ingredients. Green apples are tart and so good to pickle up. I love using it for many things. This week I thought of using the quarantine time for doing some more recipes that raid my mind. So tried this and ein everyone’s heart or should I say...tummies. It’s great with parathas, rice or even a slice of toast. It’s going to be on my list always.


INGREDIENTS
5 green apples cubed
1 pod garlic chopped
2 red onions cubed
1/2 cup oil
2 tbsp red chilli powder
3-4 tbsp salt
2 tbsp ground mustard
1 tsp crushed roasted methi
3 tbsp pickle masala of choice

METHOD
1. Dry apples, garlic and onions in the sun to remove moisture.
2. Heat oil and add all spices and sauté for few mins.
3. Add vegetables and sauté few mins and switch off heat.
4. Mix well and fill in bottle.
5. Relish it after a day with rotis, parathas, rice or khichdee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment