Monday, March 30, 2020

Beetroot rasam


Beetroots are very healthy and are rich in beta carotene and iron. But I remember as a kid I disliked the taste of it. I specially remember the taste of the juice my dad made once with it along with carrots and tomatoes. It felt like blood and we dreaded it. I have grown to love these beets and often use them for salads and hence decided it use it for a rasam. Combined with tamarind rice, it was delicious. Next time I shall more beets as the color is missing.

INGREDIENTS
1 peeled beetroot ( I used boiled that I had)
2 tbsp grated coconut(desiccated can also do)
1 tbsp rasam powder
1/3 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
Few curry leaves
3 pods garlic
1/2 inch ginger
Small ball tamarind
1/4 cup tomatoes
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee

METHOD
1. Put all ingredients in a pressure cooker and boil well.
2. Use a stick blender to blend everything well.
3. Adjust seasonings, serve with coriander leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment