Thursday, August 15, 2013

Healthy parathas

My quest to give healthy and delicious meal make me use the things that add value even in a single dish. Since the regular palak and methi are missing here, I tried using the crunchy leaves with the coarse moong daal powder I had. The result was really nice. I also went ahead and made them as wraps.

Ingredients
A bunch of chopped salad leaves
1/2 cup coarsely ground moong daal powder
Whole wheat flour as required
2 tbsp flax seed coarsely ground
1 cup sour cream
Chopped chillies
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp fennel seeds crushed
Hing
1 tbsp oil
Salt

Method
Mix all the ingredients into a dough.
Make balls and roll into 6" round parathas
Heat a skillet and put this paratha on it ,cook on both sides.
Put some oil and turn over.
Cook till golden on both sides.
Serve hot with butter and curd.


 

1 comment: