Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Broccoli and cheese rice casserole


     I had been thinking of making a good one pot rice dish which had strong flavors. After a lot of lazing around,today I decided to make one with 2 broccolis staring at my face.My son'd birthday gave me one good incentive to be innovative and make a dish JUST for him. He loved it and I has thrilled. So here I share it on my blog.
Ingredients
Boiled rice                                     2 cups
Broccoli cut into chunks                1 no
Sliced onions                                1 no
Chopped garlic                             2 tbsp
crushed red chillies                       1/2 tsp
Chopped olives                            1/2 bowl
Prepared white sauce                    400 ml
Italian herbs                                  1 tsp
Pepper powder                             1/4 tsp
olive oil                                        1 tbsp
Grated cheese                              100 gms
salt to taste                          
Method
Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and saute.
Add the onions and saute further till translucent.Put in the crushed chillies.
Put in the broccoli and salt and cook for 3-4 mins.Leave them crunchy.
Add the spices and pepper powder.
Put in the white sauce and mix well.
Put in the rice now.Make sure the rice is not overcooked, should be a bit underdone.
Mix well and spread in a buttered dish.
Cover it all with generous helping of grated cheese.
Bake in a hot oven at 200 deg till the cheese turns golden.Serve hot with a good summer salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment