Tuesday, December 8, 2015

All purpose spicy paste with fresh turmeric

Often we use ginger garlic paste and few of us but from the market. I make it at home as the tastes are fresher. Here in Jakarta we get a lot of fresh turmeric. I often buy and then it either dries out or I bury it in my garden. I now even have fresh turmeric growing. 
This time it found better use. In my paste. The flavour is amazing. Of course I was left with yellow hands but the paste adds amazing color and flavor to food. 
Ingredients 
1/4 cup Scrapped and chopped fresh turmeric 
1/4 cup chopped ginger
6-8 green chillies
1/4 cup peeled garlic cloves
Oil to top up
Method 
In a grinder add all the prepared vegetables and crush them. 
Top with oil well and refrigerate. 
Use in cooking as needed. It has amazing colors and you get extra goodness of fresh turmeric. 

1 comment: