Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Kale kela thepla

Kale kele ke theple
Often the only way to use an overripe banana is a banana cake or it's the bin. I often heard Gujarati food using ripe banana in various dishes. I thought of adding it to my kale leaves mixture as I planned my theplas. I spoke with my gujju friend Hema and she encouraged me. Kneaded the dough with much tussle in mind. Made theplas and lovely aroma filled my kitchen! Now one more way to use the banana before it hits the bin!!! Thanks Hema for the support!
Ingredients 
1 bowl frozen and chopped kale leaves/ spinach/ methi
1 ripe banana mashed
1/2 cup curd
2 tbsp grated gur
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
Salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp haldi
1 tbsp oil
While wheat flour as needed
Method
Mix all spices with oil , curd and vegetables. Add mash banana to it and mix well.
Add flour as needed and make into a firm dough.
Roll out thin parathas and cook on both sides with oil. 
Serve hot with chilli pickle or mango pickle.
Delightful and flavorful theplas ready to eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment